Do I need a Shegen Visa?

I have a Austrian work visa, can I use that or do I have to get a Shegen Visa to visit the neighbouring countries.


Country: Austria


As far as I know, there still are boarder controls in the East (Slovakia, Hungary, Check Rep.), so you need a valid passport. But for the other countries (Slovenia, Germany, Italy) you theoretically don't need anything to cross the boarder. However, it's always good to have your passport with you.:)

I hope this was useful.
Well as long as you have a work visa, you can visit ALL neighboring countries including Switzerland. That was my case and I never heard of this shengen visa you are talking about.
The work visa is sticked into the passport, so you always have both.To make it double sure - call austrian embassy in your area.
Yep, you can travel through all Shengen countries with the visa for one shengen country...
enjoy your travels!
Yes, u can travel, but there should be a limitation of days which u can stay in other countries (u've AUSTRIAN visa, u should stay more days in Austria then in other countries). But to be sure check it in embassy.

More Information

Get travel answers from locals in Austria

Find places to visit in Austria