What travel permits would I need to travel to Sonora, Mexico?

Do you know if there is a special prorgam in Mexico that saya you do not need a permit or to pay for it to go to some Sonora parts in Mexico from California? Do you have any information on this?


Country: Mexico


Sorry, but my expertise is Oaxaca.
the only thing you need is a passport by this travel until Tijuana. as soon as you have arrived Mexico you don't need anyone special program for being here just you licence driver. In Sonora special permissions exist for hunt and sports fishing if you're interesting. regards!!!
hello, I think I`m not the person to give the better response about that specific questions, perhaps,.. you have already visited this websites,...they`re form the tourism office in Sonora, in the second one they`ve some form to direct contact they`ll give you exact information.

In the other hand,... there`s no special taxes for arriving or voyage through any part of Mexico, the persons from other countries need a passport as usual...if somebody says other things..probably it`snt true.

I hope this could be useful....I`m in an effort to be a better guide!...
You can enter Mexico without a visa showing your passport and the "migration Form for Tourists, Transmigrants, Visiting Businesspersons, or Visiting Consultants", which you can obtain from travel agencies, airlines, or at your point of entry into Mexico.

You may stay in Mexico for up to 30 days. if you need more time, you must visit any National Institute of Migration office () to obtain form FM3.

This option also applies for permanent legal residents in the USA, Canada, or Japan regardless of nationality.
Under an agreement with Canada and the USA, those countries' citizens may prove their nationality with a passport or other public documents, such as:

Certified copy of birth certificate.
Voter registration card.
Naturalization certificate.

If any of these documents lack a photograph, travelers must prove their nationality with another official identification:

Driver's license.
Identification issued by a state or official agency.
Although Canadian and US citizens do not need a passport, the National Institute of Migration recommends one to expedite passage through the point of entry.

To enter Mexico as business, the persons, the citizens of countries different form the list above, must go to the Embassy or Consulate of Mexico to obtain a migratory form FM3.

* Chinese citizens with passports issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

IMPORTANT: From January 23, 2007, american citizens who travel to Mexico, to return to united States airway they will have to present an in force passport.
(Art. 8 Fracc. Ill.- No Inmigrante Visitantes Hombres de Negocios o Visitante Consejero ) 014000020 K0DL0030000000 $ 237.22
Well the only thigh that you have to bring is a valid passport and as soon as you get to the airport you will have to fill a form that will give you the right to get a tourist visa, it’s really simple they are going to give you the instructions in the plain.
there is no travel restrictions to travel in sonora or other parts in Mexico.
Yes there is. With the Only Sonora program you can bring in your car into Sonora without any lengthy paperwork or permitts. The area where you can bring your car compromises roughly half the state area and it starts from Nogales to just south of Guaymas from north to south, and form Aguaprieta to Puerto Peñasco from east to west. This area encompasses all the beach destinations like San Carlos, Bahia Kino and Puerto Peñasco. You can inquire more at .

I hope this helps.
Well i do not know, but you can have a look here:

And enjoy your trip!

You will only need your passport and a picture ID (which can also be yourpasport) HTH

More Information

Get travel answers from locals in Mexico

Find places to visit in Mexico