Do you know any photolab in your city that can develop (C-41/E-6) and scan medium-format film ("type 120", not the usual 35-mm)? I...

...think that this should be possible in Hanoi and Saigon, but not sure about smaller cities like Dalat, Hue, Hoi An. I'm planning to visit Vietnam, but don't know yet if it will be useful to take "big" film camera with me :)


Country: Vietnam


Hue, Hoi An has kind of photolab don't worry but in Dalat i am not sure because i have never been there before. Hue has Hung Vuong st, you come there and will see many photolab on that st. In Hoi An has old town, you can ask the local people there. In Dalat very close to Ho Chi Minh, so no need to worry just come to Ho Chi Minh and do it.
In Ho Chi Minh City, you will find Saigon Lab, located on the corner of Le Than Ton and Nam Ky Khoi Nghia street in District 1. It is frequently used by the photography community. They have the capability to do medium format scans. They also used to stock 120 roll film as well as Polaroids. (It's been a while since I have been using film.)

More Information

Get travel answers from locals in Vietnam

Find places to visit in Vietnam