Hi, I want to know which should be the best way to find a flat to rent around Orchard / Tanglin area?. Cheers


Country: Singapore


Hey there!
May I know when are you intending to move? And are you in Singapore already?

Thank you for your question. When you coming over? I am a agent who finds rooms and houses for rental. So call me when you get over or write to me direct at my email-
My number 91021775
Hi there,
I don't think you can get any flat in the orchard road except apartment or condonminum. As for Tanglin, yes, maybe you can get HDB flat at Tanglin Halt.
You can try to get the property agent and there are many in Singapore, namely, ERA, Propertynet etc etc.
Hi and welcome to Singapore. Basically there are private and HDB (goverment) housing for rental in Singapore. You get the whole unit else room for private and likewise for HDB but not whole unit. Usually it is mandatory for HDB owners to lock one of their room.

Now the way to go at searching for these places is by contacting house agent. There are plenty of them. You can call Propnex at:

480 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh
HDB HUB East Wing #10-01/ 11-01 Singapore 310480
Tel: 6820 8000
Fax: 6829 6600
Bus Guide : 8, 26, 28, 31, 73, 88, 90, 139, 142, 143, 145, 155, 157, 159, 163, 231, 232, 235, 238
MRT : Beside Toa Payoh MRT Station

You may also check out

All of these agents charge commission. Check with them for details. Hope the info helps. Good luck
For the areas you have mentioned, there are virtually no HDB flats, with the nearest HDB area (it is considered central) to Orchard being Holland.

If you are interested in HDB flats, you might like to read up on the FAQs here: .

I have not heard that it is mandatory to keep one room locked (and neither does the site with all the procedures listed out state so), as long as the owners have applied for approval from the HDB to let their flat, you should be allowed to rent the entire unit (especially since you are paying for it!)

For private apartments, you have the option of engaging an agent (search for ERA, etc, just do a quick google on property agents in Singapore) for which you'd have to pay a commission fee, often half a month's rent. It'll save you alot of hassle and as long as you narrow down your requirements, suitable units for viewing are often pretty quick to find with the agents' network. The alternative is to simply search for the apartments on your own, most of which are represented by an agent, but this way you wouldn't need to pay the fee, but beware of those who "offer" to look for other units for you. If they suggest alternative units other than the one you have contacted them for, always ask if they are the agent representing that particular unit. If not, you would be effectively "engaging" the agent to do help you look for housing.

A few sites you could check out:

You could start with these and then do you own search.
Hi, I have a small apartment for you if you need. Contact me at if you prefer k. Have a nice day! :)

More Information

Get travel answers from locals in Singapore

Find places to visit in Singapore