I want to go shopping in bangkok!! :-)
aside from the usual clothes and bags, what else in bangkok can I buy for cheap? What are the best shopping spots? Can you also give me tips? Thanks!!!!
City: Bangkok Metropolis
Province: Krung Thep
Khao San Road (
Chattuchak Market (
Clothes and Phone - MBK (
Clothes and gifts - Suan Night Bizzar (
Panthip Plaza and Fortune Town - computer stuff
And of course Patpong Night Market on Silom Road!
You can't miss in Bangkok!
1. Don't go to night market, its only cheap tourist material.
2. Go to Chatuchack market during week-end. It's huge and funny. Watch your walet and telephone for thief.
3. Go to MBK shopping center for telephone equipment, CD and DVD. You will never see so many in your life. Compare prices between shops and ask for "best price" before to buy.
4. Go to Phanti Plaza for computer equipment and software. Same advice as for MBK.
5. If you have lots of money, go to Oriental Place (close to Oriental hotel) and Charoen Khrung for antiques. If you don't have money, no need to buy, it's better than a museum and dealers are happy to talk to you.
6. There is a lot of good quality, very cheap silver jewelry on Charoen Khrung, between Soi Si Praya and Soi 40. Silver is a great buy.
secondly, don't miss pratunam center. this place is full of clothes and accessories. just take your time to shop around this place, coz there're many bulidings.
and if you wanna buy antiques you can go to ratchada night market.
i hope you enjoy your staying in bangkok :)
MBK has everything you need, both originals and copies. 6 floors of shops and market style stalls it also has a fabulous food hall and cinema. You can seriously spend all day there. TO get there, take BTS to National Stadium and this will take you almost right inside.
I would definitely stay away from Patpon Night Market, especially right now as there has been trouble between traders and officials who are attempting to stop them selling fake goods.
Lumpini Night Market is a nice place and has lots of food stalls and live music. Good fun for night shopping but it is mostly tourist goods. Take the MRT to Lumpini station.
Ratchada Night market is very nice also for antiques and collectables, but can also get very busy.
Koh San Road market is good fun and there is a lot to buy. I recommend going there around 6pm when almost all the stalls are set up but it can get very busy in the evenings as it is a major tourist area.
You will not be stuck for shopping options in Bangkok, in my opinion the best shopping in the world. And don't forget, if you want to shop in some really lovely stores go to ZEN or Central World on Sukhumvit Road.
NEVER take the first price as standard in the markets and MBK. Alwasy ask for a discount and do shop around. Don't be afraid to say 'No thank you' as you will almost definitely see the same item somewhere else. Don't be fooled by the Tuk Tuk drivers, special shopping packages as you will almost certaily end up getting seriously ripped off!
Enjoy yourself and have a great time.
For electronics- goto Pantip.
For bags/luggage- goto MBK or Khao San Road.
For me I'd recommend MBK as a first stop.
1. You can buy anything in BKK: Gold, Jewelry, Gifts, Decos,
(Thai) silk, etc. etc. etc. according to your wishes & needs. But then .....
2. .... do buy what you can afford. I'm always "suspicious"
about "cheap". You got almost all "stuff" cheaper here than
elsewhere, same quality compared.
3. Happy Shopping
1. Platinum Mall (Pratunam)
2. Kawsand Rd.
3. Siam Sq.
4. Fortune (IT stuffs)
5. MBK Mall
Mostly for girly shopping, except No.4...
If you are a tourist apart from cloths and bag nothing is cheap here for buy.
What are the best shopping spots?
Indra tower + MBK could be enough.