I know you had family here, but how did you get the papers to stay in the country? Im working at Palladium until May and want to stay longer

I am from Canada but lived in Mexico the last few years. Can you give me some hints about permanent employment and immigration.... Thank you! Meighan


City: Ocho Rios

Parish: Saint Ann

Country: Jamaica


As a canadian you can stay 3 months and then for $10,000ja you can stay another 3 months.You can then leave for a short time and do it again.As a commonwealth citizen permanent residency is easier. And then there is always marrying a Jamaican!
You will need a letter of employment from the company then you go to the passport office and apply for a work permit. You may have to pay a fee for this so be prepared.

All the best,

Yow will need to get a work permit or have a company sponsor you. Also the prospects for getting a job are mixed at best but depending on your skills you might have some luck. Call the Passport office and they will give u comprehensive info on what u need to do the stay in JA.
I think u should talk to an immigration officer or someone from the ministry of labour.and they r the most suitable ones to guide u on that issue.
you can visit the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship office at 49 Union Street, Overton Plaza, Montego Bay. I can assist you to find it.
Mondays to Thursdays between 8:30am and 4:00pm
Fridays 8:30am – 3:00pm the cost for the extension of stay form will cost you J$10,000. you can get the application here just copy and paste this in your browser:

More Information

Get travel answers from locals in Ocho Rios

Find places to visit in Ocho Rios